Mandate and priorities of the Expert Group
Mandate and priorities of the Expert Group on Children at Risk
The Children’s Unit at the Council of the Baltic Sea States implements the priorities decided by the Expert Group on Children at Risk. The CBSS Committee of Senior Officials approves the mandate developed by the EGCC.
The priorities for 2013-2017 are
- Comprehensive and sustainable child protection systems;
- Early intervention and prevention of child abuse and neglect;
- Protection of children from all forms of sexual abuse and sexual exploitation;
- Protection of children in migration and the protection of trafficked children;
- The rights of children in residential care and other forms of out of home care.