Mandate and priorities of the Expert Group
Mandate and priorities of the Expert Group on Children at Risk
The Children’s Unit at the Council of the Baltic Sea States implements the priorities decided by the Expert Group on Children at Risk. The CBSS Committee of Senior Officials approves the mandate developed by the Expert Group.
As outlined in the CBSS Expert Group on Children at Risk Mandate July 2017-2020, during July 2017-2020 the CBSS Expert Group on Children at Risk will support the member states in bolstering their child protection and welfare systems, notably in the following priorities:
- Prevention, early intervention, parenting and family support
- Child-friendly justice
- The wellbeing and best interests of children in alternative care
- Protecting children from sexual abuse and sexual exploitation
- Preventing trafficking and exploitation of children
- The best interests of children in migration
For more information see also the CBSS Expert Group on Children at Risk Regional Strategy July 2017-2020.